Tips For Purchasing Your Home
Laws and customs vary from state to state and sometimes, even within states. These are the basic steps to help you prepare and go through the home-buying process.
- Choose a lender.
- Choose a real estate agent.
- Decide on the type of home you want.
- Decide on the features that are most important to you about your new home.
- Start house hunting!
- When you find a home you want and can afford, negotiate!
- Make an offer in writing.
- When your offer is accepted, find inspectors.
- Find a lawyer or a tax accountant if you feel you need them.
- Choose the best mortgage for you.
- Obtain homeowner’s insurance from your insurance agent.
- Prepare for the closing.
- Meet to sign the final documents at closing.
- Pick up keys!
Content available through “Your Step-By-Step Guide - Home Buyer’s Handbook.” CUNA © 1997 The positive
line #79930 Item #FCJ - 15 Rev. 2006